Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Premiership: Harlequins v Newcastle Falcons
- Fly-tipping discovered 2,700 times a day in England
- Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors
- Brexit: Dominic Raab and Esther McVey among ministers to quit over EU agreement
- Jamel Boyce: Man charged with stabbing of teenager
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Face of Suffrage: Hilda Burkitt selfie mosaic unveiled
- Appeal over fatal drive-by shooting in Great Barr
- Nechells scrapyard deaths: Expert says wall was 'overloaded'
- Alex Palmer: Oldham Athletic sign West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper on loan
- Walsall cancer patient meets lifesaving German donor
- Hospital recruits eight dogs to brighten up patients' stay
- Checkatrade Trophy: Gareth Barry features for West Brom's U21 in Macclesfield defeat
- Birmingham Catholic church sex abuse victims treated as 'scourge'
- Nechells scrapyard deaths: Safety adviser 'not asked to check wall'
- First 5G cities in UK named by EE
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Bristol City Council pledges to end 'period poverty'
- Bath: Anthony Watson, Charlie Ewels, Nathan Catt and Elliott Stooke agree new contracts
- Bristol Waste Company's goodwill panto tickets upsets workers
- Gwenda Gage from Bristol is her brain-injured son's carer
- Bristol murder arrest after man dies in flat in Easton
- Draw made for FA Cup second round
- 'Hundreds of pupils spend week in school isolation booths'
- The catwalk model who rose above the bullies
- Sam Underhill must adapt to be genuine world-class back row - Jeremy Guscott
- Premiership Rugby Cup: Saracens and Bristol win to maintain semi-final hopes
Cornwall Council News feed
- Safer Penzance partners respond swiftly to antisocial behaviour in town centre
- How good is your community at recycling and reducing waste?
- Council gives guidance to boost Changing Places Toilets
- Parents are urged to apply for primary school places by 15 January, 2019
- New mural captures what makes Bodmin special
- Invitation to have your say on Council's budget at Truro and Roseland Community Network Panel meeting
- New lease of life for Cornwall couple using a care monitoring system
- Cornwall social worker nominated for prestigious award
- Invitation to have your say on Council's budget at Newquay and St Columb Community Network Panel meeting
- Cornwall has a lot to teach the country about seaside towns, says Lords Committee Chairman
BBC Essex News Feed
- Discarded needles and syringes removed up to 50 times a day
- Northern Ireland Open: Ali Carter defeats holder Mark Williams 4-3 in Belfast
- Stansted Airport expansion plan approved by council
- John Pordage murder trial: 'Western-style pistol' used
- Essex library closures: 25 out of 74 set to go
- Essex Police PC asked paedophile to send abuse images
- Short circuit: What happens to all the redundant cables in Essex?
- Essex Police drop mental health trust manslaughter probe
- Reindeer events cancelled across England after abuse video
- John Pordage murder trial: Man shot dead 'over nice bum comment'
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Fareham MP among Brexit resignations
- Lucy McHugh death: Man in court accused of murdering teen
- Lucy McHugh death: Man charged with murder of stabbed teen
- Animal survivors found after Isle of Wight pet shop fire
- Gosport child death: Mum missed appointment due to cocaine
- Mutiny Festival drug deaths: Tommy Cowan 'took two pills'
- Michael Obafemi: Martin O'Neill won't rush Southampton player to make international decision
- Isle of Wight ferry firms apologise for disruption after MP letter
- Flybe up for sale weeks after profit warning
- Stuart Armstrong: Southampton's ex-Celtic midfielder doesn't miss Scottish game
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Ian Naude: Cheshire PC convicted of raping 13-year-old girl
- Rapist gets life for 'appalling' 13-hour attack
- Little Hulton fire: Crews tackle large warehouse blaze
- Benjamin Mendy: Manchester City and France full-back has knee surgery
- Manchester Arena bomb survivor thanks public for 'humbling' support
- Woman raped by masked man with gun near Fallowfield Loop
- Manchester attack: Salman Abedi's brother 'to be extradited this year'
- Gil Dudson: Salford Red Devils sign Wales' former Widnes Vikings forward
- Student sleeps rough for five nights in Manchester
- Police probe two child abduction attempts by men in vans
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Search on in Boston and Skegness for £76m lottery ticket holder
- Tributes paid to RAF Bomber Command veteran Harry Irons
- Draw made for FA Cup second round
- Lincoln City v Northampton Town
- Fens flag campaign to capture 'fighting qualities'
- Boston Pilgrim Hospital roof jump man wins £3m damages
- Hospital 'failed' Lincolnshire GP Mark Howard, inquest hears
- Market Rasen: Racehorse L'es Fremantle ends losing run with win at 56th attempt
- MP calls for Red Arrows to move to RAF Leeming
- Cash machine stolen day after Lincolnshire Co-op opens
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Charity Family Christmas Concert Sunday 9 December 2018 Amersham
- The Shape of the World – a new comic drama – Nov 24 / 30 Dec 1
- 2nd Amersham Common Scouts Jumble Sale – 17 November
- Rotary Amersham present An Evening with Michael Portillo 19 Jan 2019
- Amersham Art Group Oil Painting Demonstration – 6 November & Self Lead Workshops 28 Nov
- AMCHOR Mostly Mozart Saturday 24 November – Amersham
- Chiltern Humanists – Morals in Artificial Intelligence – Amersham – 10 October
- Classic Model Train Show – Amersham – 27 October
- Amersham Track Party – Sept 23 – 10-5pm
- Acrylic Artist Demonstration -Amersham Art Group – 2nd October
Charity Family Christmas Concert Sunday 9 December 2018
AMCHOR and Friends of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice (UK) present a Family Christmas Concert with Davenies School Choir.
Carols and Christmas Music for all ages followed by tea, cakes and mince pies.
Sunday 9th December 2018 3pm,
Amersham Free Church,
Amersham HP6 6AJ.
Tickets £10, under 12s free, available from 07914 975966, 01494 785822 or on the door.
Doors open 2.50pm
The Shape of the World – a new comic drama
It was in 1735, that an expedition led by three Frenchmen
set out to discover the true shape of the earth, using
only measuring poles, maths and star sightings. It was
an epic journey, during which they lost two of their
team, one of whom was murdered by the Spanish. They
climbed the Andes mountains to accurately measure a 200
mile long path, travelled through uncharted parts of the
Amazon jungle at a time when it was still thought that
dragons were real and managed to make two very important
discoveries that would have a tremendous effect on the
western world. Yet, during much of their adventure the
three Frenchmen had tremendous arguments and spent much
of their time refusing to speak to each other!
This was a quite perilous expedition and an almost
unbelievable experience undertaken by three amazing
characters. This is their story, it’s delightful, it’s
funny, it’s a real adventure and it’s also true!
Tickets: £12 and £10 (concessions)
Box Office: www.ticketsource.co.uk/cbcplayers or
telephone 0844 8700887 (£1.50 surcharge for telephone
date: Nov 24th & 30th, Dec 1st
time: Saturday Nov 24th (7.30pm), Friday Nov 30th (8pm)
venue: The Little Theatre by the Park (The Temperance Hall),
Church Street, Chesham, HP5 1HU
cost: £12 (£10 concessions)
event email: email@example.com
event web: cbcplayers.co.uk
tel: 0844 8700887 (£1.50 surcharge for telephone booking
2nd Amersham Common Scouts Jumble Sale
date: 17th November
time: 9.30 til 12
venue: St. John’s Methodist Church Hall
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary in Amersham present An Evening with Michael Portillo.
Saturday 19th January 2019 at 7.30pm.
At The King’s Church, Raans Road, Amersham HP6 6LX
Tickets £20 Available from Waterstones bookshop, Sycamore Road, Amersham
or for a small fee from www.billetto.co.uk
Amersham Art Group welcome visitors to enjoy an Oil painting demonstration by June Perkins of a subject from Cornwall on 6th Nov.
Additional self lead workshops on 28rd Nov, all in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members. More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, email@example.com or calling 01494 771760 .
AMCHOR Mostly Mozart Saturday 24 November 2018 7.30pm
St Mary’s Church, Church St. Amersham, HP7 0DB
Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus; Exsultate, jubilate; Requiem
Albinoni: Adagio for Organ and Strings
With the New Mozart Orchestra and soloists Elizabeth Adams (Soprano), Olivia Thornber (Contralto), Ryan Williams (Tenor), Jack Holton (Bass)
James Mooney-Dutton (Organ)
Musical Director: Nick Austin
Tickets £16/£8.00 (students) from box office on 07702 608314; www.WeGotTickets.com/amchor
Perfect Pitch, Chesham; The Record Shop, Amersham
8.00 pm Wednesday 10 October
Morals in Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI), sometimes called machine intelligence, is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals. It includes any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of successfully achieving its goals. Colloquially, the term “artificial intelligence” is applied when a machine mimics “cognitive” functions that humans associate with other human minds, such as “learning” and “problem solving”. But what about morals?
Bob Sampson now works in IT after some years in the army. He will describe the rise of AI, and how a future society might cope. He will discuss the social, moral and religious impacts of such an environment on the human population. He thinks Humanism is implicitly relevant in any such discussion.
Small Barn Hall,
Amersham Community Centre,
Amersham HP6 5AH
Ample free parking.
Everyone is welcome at our meetings. Just come along.
For more information please visit www.chilternhumanists.org.uk
Classic Model Train Show.
Model trains mainly from the 1920s to the 1960s. 16 working layouts including a self drive Lego train.
Light refreshments available.
date: 27th October 2018
time: 10:30am to 5pm
venue: St John’s Methodist Church
60 Woodside Road
cost: Adults £4; Children £2 ; Families £10 (2+2)
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amersham Track Party
We have an epic train track ready for your little ones to
play on. To complete the #epicplaytime experience we also
have great car tracks and hundreds of toy dinosaurs to
date: September 23, 2018
venue: Chiltern Avenue
Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP6 5AH
event email: email@example.com
event web: https://trackparty.co.uk/event/amersham-3/
event tel nos: 07895 775965
Niki Bell Acrylic Artist Demonstration
Amersham Art Group welcome visitors to enjoy a still life Acrylic demonstration by well known local artist Niki Bell on Oct 2nd. June Perkins on 6th Nov. Additional self lead workshops on 26th Sept, 17th Oct, 28rd Nov, all in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members.