BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Man dies in West Bromwich hit-and-run collision
- Solihull Moors v Torquay United
- Footballer Lee Hughes declared bankrupt
- Call to raid HS2 budget to fix potholes in roads
- Man hit on head with axe in Wolverhampton fights for life
- Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa
- West Brom: Alan Pardew speaks to club hierarchy about speculation on his future
- Birmingham marathon cancelled over new route plans
- Birmingham City v Hull City
- Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Weston Super Half race cancelled amid snow fears
- Boys rescued from Birnbeck Island cut off by tide
- Plymouth Argyle v Bristol Rovers
- Racegoers behaved like drunken 'pack animals' on train
- Bristol City v Ipswich Town
- Anglo-Welsh Cup final: Bath v Exeter Chiefs (Sun)
- Banksy protest artwork unveiled in New York
- Letter stalking inquiry leads to arrest
- New Zealand v England: Mason Crane out of Tests with back injury, Jack Leach called up
- Goldie appears in court via FaceTime from Thailand
Cornwall Council News feed
- Survey shows four out of five people think recycling is important
- Cornwall Council and partners support National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day
- Council extends deadline for adult social care charging policy consultation
- Winter Wellbeing partnership wins regional award
- 13% of pregnant women in Cornwall and Isles and Scilly still smoking
- Highways Maintenance on the agenda at the Truro and Roseland Community Network Panel meeting
- Schools in Cornwall among the worst funded in the country
- Who Dares Serves in St. Ives
- Volunteers needed for Launceston area Community Speed Watch scheme
- Camelford Community Network Panel meeting to discuss health and social care transformation
BBC Essex News Feed
- Blackpool 1-1 Southend United
- Colchester United 0-1 Yeovil Town
- 'Mini Beast from the East' brings snow and ice to parts of UK
- Nico Ramsay murder case: Court told of 'planned attack'
- Prince Harry's shock at 'suffer in silence' veterans
- Fly-tipped road in Battlesbridge causes 'hour-long' delays
- Landslip halts trains between Colchester and Clacton
- John Pordage death: Mum appeals to 'coward's' friends
- Man wanted over six-figure robbery at an Asda in Essex
- Benfleet fire: Attempted murder suspect dies
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Chester 0-0 Aldershot Town
- Oldham Athletic 0-2 Portsmouth
- 'Mini Beast from the East' brings snow and ice to parts of UK
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with tree in Brockenhurst
- Kevin Pietersen: Michael Vaughan praises 'retiring' ex-England team-mate
- Suzuki motorcyclist dies in Southampton crash with car
- Eastleigh run cancelled over weather concerns
- Eastleigh v Leyton Orient
- Hart: What's living in Britain's 'best' district like?
- Wigan Athletic v Southampton
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Machete attack in Manchester city centre bar
- Dover Athletic v Macclesfield Town
- Rochdale v AFC Wimbledon
- Oldham Athletic v Portsmouth
- Milton Keynes Dons v Bury
- How one man was saved by a Manchester homeless centre
- Altrincham mosque attacker cleared of attempted murder
- Baby's death blamed 'neglect' by medical staff
- Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Women's FA Cup quarter-finals: Third-tier Charlton travel to 14-time winners Arsenal
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Amber warning as snow sweeps across UK
- Lincoln City v Grimsby Town
- Lincoln hospital morphine theft nurse spared jail
- Investigation launched into death of missing teenager Liam Toner
- 'Slavery victim' fed on takeaway scraps, court told
- Sir Isaac Newton tree 'clones' to inspire Loughborough students
- Joseph Rooney 'targeted vulnerable men' for driveway business
- Chesterfield: Fan who received urgent medical attention responds well to treatment
- Chesterfield v Lincoln City
- RMT announces two more strike days on Northern routes
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Artist Demonstration – Amersham Community Centre, Tue 3rd April
- AMCHOR Summer Concert: Vaughan Williams: Sea Symphony – 12 May St Mary’s Amersham
- New book about Amersham on the Hill published
- “Conway Hall Ethical Society – Past, Present & Future” – Talk – Amersham – 14 March
- Chesham Bois Catholic Players present ‘Cash on Delivery’ 23 – 24 March
- 2nd Amersham Common Scout’s Jumble Sale – 17 March
- Beacon School, Amersham, Messy Play Morning for 2-5 year olds – 10 March and 12 May
- SHOTOKAN KARATE CLASSES – Amersham – Jan 18
- Memory Information Session – 27th February – Amersham Museum
- Christmas Concert – Fundraising for AMCHOR & Friends of the Belarusian Childrens Hospice – 10 Dec – Amersham
Unfortunately this course has had to be postponed due to the trainer being ill. We will confirm the new date within the next couple of weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
The Government has published a new edition of its statutory guidance on local government investments. The new edition applies in England only, for accounting periods starting on or after 1st April 2018. The guidance can be found by clicking here.
The main ...
It was great to see so many of you at PKF Littlejohn's External Audit briefing last week. We have now received a copy of the power point slides for you to access to review the course content.
You will recall that Senior Audit Manager Rebecca Plane promised to provide ...
Today's clerks 3 course has been postponed due to the forecast of snow all afternoon in Anstey. Please do not travel. We will be calling all delegates to inform them and provide the new date.
Please note no snow is forecast at our training venue in Anstey for tonight's course and so it is definitely running. All booked delegates should attend.
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC)has published, free for its members, a comprehensive toolkit to support local councils prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will take effect in the UK from 25 May 2018.
As an aid to help new Clerks and Councillors LRALC has produced the attached schedule of key dates for the Parish/ Town Council diary.
BHIB Insurance Brokers have kindly sponsored the production of 250 USB sticks for use by LRALC at its training events for councillors, chairmen, and clerks.
Ashwin Mistry OBE, Chief Executive of BHIB, handed over the USB sticks to Jake Atkinson, Chief Executive of LRALC, at ...
We have received several enquiries recently from councils wishing to co-opt a new councillor but unsure about the said councillor's eligibility for office. Local councils are required to ensure that persons co-opted to the council are eligible to hold office as a local councillor. The qualifications ...
Just a reminder about PKF Littlejohn's free external audit briefing on 26th February 2018, 11.30am - 1.00pm, at Elizabeth Park Sports and Community Centre, Thurmaston. Please see here for booking details: http://www.leicestershireandrutlandalc.gov.uk/pkf-littlejohn---external-audit.html.
The latest NALC briefing on the role of the Data Protection Officer under the General Data Protection Regulation is available for download below. You must be logged in to this website as a user in order to access it.
In the 7+ years I have been delivering training and providing advice on behalf of LRALC as its Chief Officer/Executive there have been many many occasions where it has been made clear to me that some of those receiving LRALC's guidance have been a little cynical as to the importance of applying some of the ...
Rest assured - help is out there!
Is your parish council a charitable trustee? Does your council own assets that are subject to a charitable trust? If the answer to either of these questions is yes (or indeed you are not sure!) then LRALC's forthcoming course Charitable Trusts and Parish/Town ...
The latest LRALC newsletter is available to download. Contents include:
Top Tip – don't forget PAT (Portable Appliance Testing)!
GDPR and the need for a Data Protection Officer
LRALC Internal Audit Service Fees 2018-19
Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd ...
The Local Government finance settlement was presented to the House of Commons yesterday.
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has announced "that the government intends to defer the setting of referendum principles for town and parish councils for 3 three years" ...
The MyCommunity website, which is managed by Locality for the Government, has produced a blog to help councils check if they are aware of the emergency risks in their area, as well as a handy checklist covering everything needed to get winter ready.
You can ...