BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Walsall v Stevenage
- Lockdown: Shoppers queue as stores reopen in Birmingham
- Brexit: Border crossing plan for Solihull
- Covid-19: Traders hope shoppers return for Christmas after lockdown
- Birmingham City 1-2 Barnsley: Tykes rally to snatch all three points at St Andrew's
- Solihull Moors 2-0 Hartlepool United
- Aston Villa v Newcastle: Premier League match off because of Covid-19 cases
- Gurpreet Singh 'murdered wife' in Penn 'with accomplice's help'
- Wolverhampton couple watch wedding video after 52 years
- Teen admits machete attack on Birmingham police dog
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Reggae singing Bristol bus driver a hit with passengers
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Bristol City: Adam Nagy and Nahki Wells inspire Robins fightback
- Bristol trial helps story listeners 'feel more connected'
- Bristol green and equality issues championed by young ambassadors
- Bristol to Bath cycle path plagued by attacks
- Why is my area in a higher tier?
- Coronavirus: Rise in Covid-19 patients sees operations cancelled
- Call to scrap Weston-super-Mare homes for 'people's forest'
- Bristol: 'Inclusive' acting school wants to drive change
- Blake Hoskins jailed for Southmead shooting
Cornwall Council News feed
- Support your local shops and businesses and park for free in the run up to Christmas
- Statement on Safeguarding Adults Review on support given to homeless man with complex needs
- Cornish communities get help to make their visions a reality
- Residents urged to remain on guard as Cornwall is placed in Tier One for Covid restrictions
- 150 new electric vehicle charge points
- Families in Cornwall are not claiming the help they are entitled to get
- Cornwall starts 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence
- Cornwall Council looks to progress work on former Carclaze School site
- Statement on Kepak meat processing factory
- Cornwall Council agrees a new vision for Cornwall
BBC Essex News Feed
- Colchester United 1-1 Crawley Town
- Covid: What tiers mean for you and your other questions answered
- 'Essex girl' campaign seeks nominations to challenge stereotype
- Boreham Wood knock out Canvey Island
- Linden Centre: 'Robust' inquiry to investigate 20-year history
- Suzanne Brown killing: Review recommends mental health changes at Essex Police
- Harley Watson hit-and-run: Terence Glover admits manslaughter
- Dayne Cooper jailed after Essex police officer dragged by car
- Why 2020 has been good for England's beavers
- Ronnie O'Sullivan suffers shock UK Snooker Championship loss
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Fly-tipping rise 'damaging' ancient Isle of Wight woods
- Coronavirus: New Forest cookbook connects generations
- Blackpool 1-0 Portsmouth
- Chesterfield 0-0 Aldershot Town
- Yeovil Town v Eastleigh
- Basingstoke teenager stabbing death: Two men found guilty
- Detective charged over witness statement in wife murder probe
- Eastleigh rail depot death: Man arrested after railway worker dies
- Why is my area in a higher tier?
- Migrating brent geese snub Southsea refuge for golf course
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Coronavirus: New Covid tier system comes into force in England
- Keeping pools closed 'a catastrophe for health and wellbeing'
- FC Porto 0-0 Manchester City: Gabriel Jesus goal ruled out as City finish top of group
- Plymouth Argyle 0-4 Rochdale
- Wrexham 0-1 Altrincham
- Oldham Athletic 0-1 Tranmere Rovers
- Lincoln City 2-1 Wigan Athletic
- Manchester Arena Inquiry: 'Not enough staff' to profile crowd
- Deer cull at RHS Garden Bridgewater: 'Mistakes were made', admits charity
- Manchester United v Paris St-Germain
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Lincoln City 2-1 Wigan Athletic
- Margaret Thatcher statue: £100,000 unveiling event to be underwritten by council
- Friskney boy, 10, returns to school after mask row
- Lincoln man celebrates 21st birthday in bucket list limo
- The Ark wildlife sanctuary 'inundated' with exotic pets
- Lincolnshire Police seeks powers to take away hare-coursing dogs
- Plymouth Argyle 2-0 Lincoln City
- Bourne family helped by Sadie the assistance dog
- Invasive quagga mussel found at Rutland Water and River Trent
- A1 Colsterworth crash: Parked police car hit by lorry
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
Run in partnership with Leicestershire County Council.
Topic: Budget and Precept Briefing 26th November 6pm
Time: Nov 26, 2020 6:00 PM
Topic: Budget and Precept Briefing...
Great Glen Parish Council is an ambitious forward-looking Council which has embraced a number of opportunities in recent years, as well as overcoming associated challenges. The Council is now looking for the right person to build on previous successes and...
The Royal British Legion have updated their website with the following information on Remembrance Sunday activities:
Remembrance ideas for 2020
As a result of Covid-19 restrictions, it may be necessary for individuals and communities to consider...
See below for details of a webinar being run by HMRC:
Changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme from 1 October mean that employers will need to fund 20% of furloughed employees' usual wages for the hours they do not work and continue to pay...
NALC has published its response to the current planning system policy consultation. Please click the link below to access it.
The Prime Minister has just announced a new set of rules which he says the nation must follow for at least 6 months. These rules will inevitably affect parish councils directly.
More to follow.
ACRE have published their latest guidance on operating community buildings during the current pandemic. They have also provided risk assessment templates for users and managers of such facilities. Click the respective links below.
LRALC will be providing guidance on specific areas of interest for member councils in Friday's round robin but for now here are the newly re-issued guidance notes from government on the new rules.
Green Spaces here.
Council Buildings here.
The Government has just this evening announced the introduction of a ban of gatherings above 6 people with some limited exceptions. See the BBC News item on the announcement here.
Although at this stage there is uncertainty about whether this ban will apply...
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has today published a new employment briefing on the national salary pay scales for clerks and other employees employed under the terms of the model contract.
The briefing includes updated pay scales in line...
NALC has announced details for two events as part of the Rebuilding Communities online event series to help make communities greener.
The first event in partnership with The Woodland Trust, Leaders talk: Putting trees at the heart of your community, takes place...
LRALC understand that UNISON has voted to accept the pay offer by a two to one margin and similarly the GMB have accepted. While UNITE members voted by 70% to reject this offer, however in-line with the constitution of the National Joint Council (NJC), UNITE...