BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Man killed care worker in hit-and-run crash in Walsall.
- Man who ran over PC Gareth Phillips with patrol car jailed
- Tipton residents in temporary accommodation after burst pipe flood
- Bordesley Green petrol bomber targets same car twice
- Racist abuse in Bulgaria-England game 'clear as day' - Tyrone Mings
- Dan Evans beats Bernard Tomic at Stockholm Open
- LGBT teaching row: Call for larger exclusion zone
- Tipton house collapses after water main bursts
- Runners 'understand' half marathon safety changes
- Safety calls after multiple Walsall canal falls
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Gloucestershire: George Scott joins county on three-year deal from Middlesex
- Extinction Rebellion Bristol slams council petrol station purchase
- Bristol boxing charity gets grant to help 'at risk' children
- Damage that led to metre River Avon drop to cost £3.5m
- Chef Claire Thompson's notes for new book stolen from car
- Bristol City Council £98,000 payout error 'led to cover-up'
- Bristol Windrush musician Jashwha Moses died after citizenship awarded
- Police encourage Muslim women to report hate crime
- Liverpool hit back to deny Bristol City
- Missing semi-wild Savannah cat re-captured in Bristol
Cornwall Council News feed
- Cornwall Council leader calls on government to tackle regional inequality at research launch in Brussels
- Good news for Cornwall’s railways as number of journeys soar
- Saltash house remains shut as partnership tackles anti-social behaviour
- Cornish teenager appeals for more people to think about adoption
- Cornwall Council supports The Eden Project’s drive towards clean energy
- Next milestone met as contractor appointed to deliver the new St Austell to A30 link road
- Date Confirmed for Cornwall Tour of Britain Stage in 2020
- Magistrates warn a Cornish mum to make sure her children attend school
- Cornwall’s Port Health team oversees successful Falmouth Oyster Festival
- Two of Cornwall’s Councillors shortlisted to win an LGiU award
BBC Essex News Feed
- Waltham Abbey crash: Second arrest after man dies as car hits tree
- Southend's 'dangerous' cycle divider to be removed
- Henrik Larsson: Southend United talks over manager role collapse
- Ronnie O'Sullivan: Crawley English Open venue 'still needs change'
- English Open: Ronnie O'Sullivan through in final frame against Jamie O'Neill
- Pony rescued from Chelmsford swimming pool
- Norfolk stately home Houghton Hall provides canvas for artist Richard Woods
- Food writer Jack Monroe 'loses £5,000 in phone-number hijack'
- England takes the World Porridge Making title in the Highlands
- Cambridge gallery lends art to students 'with none damaged' in 60 years
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Southampton Townhill Park: Homes revamp scheme 'causing pupil intake drop'
- Students protest over Portsmouth Stanhope House delay
- WW2 Royal Engineer veteran's funeral attended by hundreds after plea
- New Forest cattle to be de-horned after walkers attacked
- Girl, 4, suffers kidney failure after E. coli bug
- Peterborough prison death family 'treading water'
- Cancer patients show scars for Stand Up To Cancer
- First tests of HMS Prince of Wales capabilities
- Train passengers shine in diamond hunt
- Rangers: Southampton's Ross Wilson poised to become director of football
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Teenage boy stabbed on bus on Wilmslow Road in Manchester
- Manchester Airport passengers face 'longest security queues' in UK
- Women's Champions League: Arsenal and Manchester City eye quarter-final spots
- Manchester criminals arrested in Cheshire hotel hot tub
- Chloe McGurk: NI Manchester stabbing victim required surgery
- Ann Marie Pomphret stables murder: Husband jailed for life
- Newton Heath shooting: Gunman fires shot at taxi
- Racist abuse in Bulgaria-England game 'clear as day' - Tyrone Mings
- Man Utd: Anthony Martial to return to training before Liverpool match
- John Dreyer: Oldham Athletic appoint assistant head coach
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- The super Nova swimming star and the teenagers with Tokyo 2020 vision
- Drink-drive North East Lincolnshire Council leader Ray Oxby banned from driving
- Spalding relief road plan could see homes demolished
- Little Grimsby pays tribute to WW2 pilot's sacrifice
- Fire chief receives 'malicious' messages after Fireman Sam axed
- Disease threat row over imported Romanian dogs
- The hungry 26-year-old who set up a £100m food firm
- Why are there sex shops on the A1?
- Peterborough United 2-0 Lincoln City
- Ploughmen and women compete for national title in Nocton
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Hospice of St. Francis Firewalk Challenge – 2nd November
- Amersham Art Group – Demonstrations – 1st Oct – Susan Gray
- Halloween Spectacular – Chiltern Open Air Museum – Friday November 1
- AMCHOR Autumn term – new members welcome! – Starts September 2
- Hospice of St Francis Open Afternoon, Sunday 22nd September
- Gordon King Watercolour Demonstration – Amersham Art Group – 3rd September
Media Release from EMC & TfEM 30th September 2019 A46 NEWARK BYPASS - LET'S GET ON WITH IT! East Midlands Councils and Transport for East Midlands (TfEM) strongly welcomed today's announcement by the Chancellor to fund the Newark Northern Bypass announced at today's Conservative Party Conference. The scheme has been...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available via this link: https://www.emcouncils.gov.uk/EMC-HR-Bulletin The September Bulletin includes:- Mentoring Learning and development opportunities on offer over the coming months:- Attracting & Developing Talent (9 October 2019) People Conference (5...
Media Release from HS2 East 27th September 2019 HS2 EAST: UNITING THE MIDLANDS & THE NORTH Two senior leaders representing two very different geographies and political traditions have joined forces to support HS2 East and the delivery of the Eastern Leg of HS2. Cllr Judith Blake, Labour Leader of Leeds City...
Oakervee Review: Submission from the East Midlands The Government has appointed Douglas Oakervee to lead a Panel to advise on whether HS2 should go ahead and if so in what form, for a ‘go/no go’ decision by the end of the 2019. There is no representative from either the East Midlands or Midlands Connect/Engine on the Review...
EMC HR Bulletin August 2019 The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available via the above link. The August Bulletin covers; Employment Law expert Darren Newman’s article this month focuses on Calculating Holiday Pay Entitlement for Casual Workers. Local News Sickness Absence Benchmarking results for the...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available from here. The July Bulletin covers; Employment Law expert Darren Newman’s article this month focuses on Equal Pay. Local News Addressing the skills shortage in Planning Attracting & Developing Talent Event - 9th October 2019 Employee Wellbeing...
EMC and Transport for the East Midlands (TfEM) have welcomed the appointment of Will Rogers as MD for the new East Midlands Railway Franchise, along with the appointment of a new Management Team. TfEM looks forward to working in partnership with Will and his team, Network Rail and the Department for...
East Midlands Councils (EMC) is hugely disappointed by the news that a fleet of new inter-city bi-mode trains, to be introduced onto the Midland Main Line under the new East Midlands Railway Franchise, will not be built by Bombardier in Derby. The decision is a massive missed opportunity to support highly skilled local jobs and a...
The East Midlands Councils Annual Report for 2018-19 has been published and will be presented to Councillors at the EMC Annual General meeting on 12 July. 100% of member councils benefitted from at least one of the EMC services during 2018-19. The Annual Report covers the services provided by EMC, including lobbying for greater...
LGA Annual Workforce Survey The LGA would like to thank those who contributed to the 2017/18 Workforce Survey as a national picture would not be possible without your support. A report looking at the national, district and single and upper results can be found here: https://www.local.gov.uk/local-government-workforce-survey-2017-18. For...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available from here. The June Bulletin covers; Employment Law expert Darren Newman’s article this month on shared Parental Leave. Local News Regional Employers’ Board and Joint Council Meetings Apprenticeships in our Region Event information and information on...