- Coronavirus: Met Police staff member dies after diagnosis
- Coronavirus: Empty-roads speeding may impact NHS, drivers warned
- Coronavirus: London church investigated over 'protection' oil
- BA cabin crew member: I feel totally undervalued
- Camden Voices sings together virtually during coronavirus outbreak
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Coronavirus: MP Tahir Ali apologises after funeral during lockdown
- Coronavirus: Nurse Areema Nasreen dies with Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Dudley school teacher dies after Covid-19 diagnosis
- Coronavirus: NHS workers offered free accommodation
- Coronavirus: Edgbaston Cricket Ground to become NHS staff test centre
- Doctor who makes plastic prosthetics helps 10,000 people
- Coronavirus: Birmingham man charged over 'I hope all NHS die' call
- Woman hit by car after leaving Russells Hall Hospital dies
- Coronavirus: West Midlands Railway offers new timetable
- Coronavirus: Sandwell salons donate PPE to carers
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Coronavirus: Bristol and Harrogate Nightingale hospitals announced
- Bristol mayor defends £9k pay rise 'intended for victor'
- Coronavirus: Bristol street lines to 'urge runners off pavement'
- Coronavirus: Bristol tower block social-distancing 'impossible'
- Eddie Large: Comedian dies aged 78 with coronavirus
- 'I grew closer to my nan with Alzheimer's during isolation'
- St Pauls riots in Bristol remembered 40 years on
- Bath's Royal Mineral Water Hospital redevelopment plans revised
- Funding blow for Bath College's digital skills centre
- Coronavirus: Student doctors graduate early to join fight
Cornwall Council News feed
- Council brings forward support for Cornwall’s culture and creative economy
- Call to holiday lets to follow COVID-19 closure orders
- Retired or former social workers needed to support Cornwall’s most vulnerable
- Registration of births, deaths and marriages during Covid 19
- Cornwall Council calls on government to speed up delivery of PPE supplies
- Cornwall Council reaches landmark in Langarth Garden Village project
- Cornwall Council leads the way so that vital support reaches Cornwall’s most vulnerable people
- Parking zone restrictions and car park charges waived to support essential workers during Covid-19 pandemic
- Cornwall Council works with local hotels to free up hospital capacity during the pandemic
- It’s time to prove that Cornwall really is Proud to Care!
BBC Essex News Feed
- Coronavirus: Nurse in intensive care at Southend Hospital
- Stansted Airport's 'challenge' to park grounded planes
- Southend United: 'Some players' furloughed due to coronavirus financial effects
- Coronavirus: 'Living legend' doctor Alfa Saadu dies from Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Covid-19 used as a weapon, says Essex top officer
- Coronavirus: Southend Hospital staff could 'limit work' over protective equipment
- Spina bifida womb op baby celebrates first birthday in lockdown
- Cricket and coronavirus: What will happen with 2020 season?
- Coronavirus: How are hospices coping during the pandemic?
- Coronavirus in UK: How many confirmed cases are there in your area?
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Coronavirus will transform UK work and travel, says AA
- Coronavirus: Isle of Wight student makes PPE face masks
- Coronavirus: Calls for student accommodation fees to be waived
- Coronavirus: Pennington spells out message in wool
- Coronavirus: Hampshire family 'arrested' at Pakistan funeral
- Coronavirus: University researchers develop respiratory hood
- New Forest thatched cottage wrecked by fire
- Premier League clubs in 'moral vacuum' and players should sacrifice salary - politicians
- Coronavirus: Isle of Wight ferry firms agree reduced timetables
- Coronavirus: Military help South Central Ambulance Service
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Coronavirus: Trapped cruise passenger Dr Partha Basu falls ill
- Eddie Large: Comedian dies aged 78 with coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Manchester-based Hut Group donates £10m
- Tony Lewis: Cricket statistician of the Duckworth-Lewis method dies aged 78
- Alan Henning death: Charity's 'failings' over killed aid worker
- Coronavirus: The restaurants feeding hospital staff
- Coronavirus: 'Stockport Spider-Men' delight families in lockdown
- Coronavirus: Rochdale Council tops up 'unhealthy' food boxes
- Coronavirus: How to help film the news
- Coronavirus victim, 108, survived 1918 Spanish flu pandemic
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Coronavirus: Newly-promoted NHS consultant says 'it's time to step up'
- Coronavirus: Education, businesses and hobbyists making equipment for the NHS
- Seal pup found 15 miles away from North Sea home released
- Coronavirus: RAF Woodhall Spa 'may be virus mortuary'
- Coronavirus kindness: Lincoln FC kitman's NHS laundry offer
- Coronavirus: Will food supply fears see a rise in home-grown veg?
- Coronavirus: First death confirmed in Lincolnshire
- Coronavirus: Cathedral turns blue as city honours NHS staff
- Coronavirus: Coastguard warns beachgoers to stay at home
- Coronavirus: A visual guide to the pandemic
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- 9 to 5: The Musical – Chesham Musical Theatre Company – 1st – 5th April
- Amersham Art Group Next Meetings
- LOCAL AMERSHAM GPs LAUNCH A NEW NETWORK TO IMPROVE SERVICES
- Almshouse Accommodation Available (Two Vacancies) – Amersham
- City of London Sinfonia: Beethoven, Mozart – Part of Chiltern Arts Festival 7 March 2020
- Rotary in Amersham invite you to – An Evening with Adam Henson – Saturday 28th March
- Carrol Morris – Owner of Carrols Hardware Shop – Celebrates Longest “One Woman” Business in Amersham – 1st February
- Amersham Art Group Meetings For February and March
- AMCHOR Short Concert on Sunday 2 February at The Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham.
The March 2020 edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available here.
The Government has published the latest COVID-19 guidance for Local Authorities https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/council-tax-covid-19-hardship-fund-2020-to-2021-guidance
NJC Circular - Coronavirus COVID-19, Critical Workers - 23 March 2020 Please see below an NJC Circular providing further advice, which this time relates to critical workers. NJC Circ Coronavirus and Critical Workers 23Mar20
Budget announced £30 billion package of support. On 17th March, support to individuals and businesses was extended, including package of £330 billion of government-backed and guaranteed loans – equivalent to 15% of GDP. The measures announced to date are likely to be the opening salvos. Local Authority...
Given Government advice, EMC have now implemented home/remote working for EMC staff. All staff are contactable and emails work as normal and our work with councils continues. Our office set-up allows us to run a skeleton staff cover in the office. Best wishes to you all during these very challenging...
Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 - Working at home The NJC has issued further advice about the developing situation. Please see attached (17th March 2020)
Given the evolving situation with the new Coronavirus, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the regional pay briefing meeting that had been arranged for tomorrow afternoon. We hope that you understand this decision, but our key priority is for people’s wellbeing and to reduce any risks. We are exploring alternative...
Local Authority costs and pressures incurred in support of Former UASC Care Leavers in the East Midlands.
EMC has produced an analysis of local authority costs and pressures incurred in support of Former Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC) Care Leavers in the East Midlands. The report confirms the actual costs incurred by councils in the East Midlands in providing Leaving Care services to former UASC aged 18-24, and forms a companion paper...
EMC HR Bulletin February 2020 The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available via the link above. The February Bulletin includes:- Employment Law Expert Darren Newman and his regular article - this month it looks at Parental Bereavement Leave. Local News Regional Pay Briefing, 17 March 2020 East...
The NJC has issued the attached circular containing advice about the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
Media Release from East Midlands Councils & East Midland Chamber (Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Nottinghamshire) LET’S GET HS2 DONE! Leading public and private sector organisations from across the East Midlands have welcomed Government’s confirmation that HS2 will go ahead, and set out compelling vision for how the project...
EMC HR Bulletin January 2020 The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available via the link above. The January Bulletin includes:- Employment Law Expert Darren Newman and his regular article - this month it looks at vegans & discrimination. Local News Update on Local Government Pay Negotiations...
EMC’s Christmas Closing Arrangements Our last working day will be Monday 23rd December 2019 and our offices will re-open on Thursday 2nd January 2020.
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is now available here. The December Bulletin includes:- Employment Law Expert Darren Newman and his regular article - this month the in-depth analysis of a topical HR issue and its implications for local authorities focuses on strike ballots. Local News Managing Agile Working with...
Why the challenge is being introduced Developing talent within the East Midlands is at the heart of the work of East Midlands Councils, and introducing the first East Midlands Apprentice Challenge on 14 May 2020 is a fantastic development opportunity. With our colleagues in the East of England having delivered the very first Apprentice...