- Wolves 1-2 Tottenham: Late Jan Vertonghen goal seals win for Jose Mourinho's side
- Women's Super League: Arsenal beat Everton to stay top but Beth Mead suffers injury
- Elizabeth Line: Reading-London Paddington services start
- Mesut Ozil: Arsenal-Manchester City game removed from schedules by China state TV
- Altior 'extremely unlikely' to race in King George VI Chase at Kempton Park
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Car crashes into Tesco cafe in Sutton Coldfield
- Walsall v Macclesfield Town
- Macclesfield Town: Silkmen to field side against Walsall after previous game postponed
- General election 2019: Labour loses across West Midlands
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Lisa Bennett death: Couple jailed for life over homeless woman's murder
- General election 2019: Conservatives win West Bromwich East
- Sheffield United v Aston Villa
- Birmingham terror arrests: Man and woman held by police
- Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Bristol stabbing: Boy, 14, arrested over death of teenager
- M4 crash: One dead and one injured in four-vehicle collision
- Mansfield approach for Coughlin turned down by Bristol Rovers
- Ipswich Town v Bristol Rovers
- Yola: From 'house screamer' to four-time Grammy nominee
- Check your train time - new timetables to begin
- Scottish Open: Judd Trump and Ronnie O'Sullivan beaten in Glasgow
- Bristol University students demand action against racism
- Heineken European Champions Cup: Clermont Auvergne v Bath (Sun)
- Challenge Cup: Stade Francais v Bristol Bears
Cornwall Council News feed
- Live a life free from fear and abuse this Christmas
- First trees of 8,000-hectare Forest for Cornwall to be planted: Saltash, December 17
- Healthcare workers to get their FREE flu jab - and help avoid outbreaks this winter
- Voting in the 2019 General Election
- Celebrating the innovation and resilience of young people
- Shaping the autism strategy for Cornwall
- Young people from Cornwall visit Westminster to talk about emotional resilience
- Using technology to help independent learning
- When to put your sacks out this Christmas!
- General Election 2019: Cornwall sees increase in registered voters
BBC Essex News Feed
- 'Remember our stillborn babies in Christmas cards'
- Scunthorpe United 2-2 Colchester United
- Southend United 2-2 Rotherham United
- Jail for Colchester couple who sexually abused baby
- Scottish Open: Mark Selby knocks out Ronnie O'Sullivan in Glasgow
- Grays lorry deaths: Driver denies links to human trafficking plot
- Harry Lennon: Southend defender apologises after Dover pub video
- General election 2019: Headlines in the East of England
- Election results 2019: Tories increase majorities as Essex remains blue
- Westcliff murder: Man dies from stab wounds after 'disturbance'
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Accrington Stanley 4-1 Portsmouth
- Hayling Island: Search for person missing in the sea
- Hampshire schoolboy records Christmas climate change single
- Southampton v West Ham United
- Election results 2019: BBC Reporters analyse what happened in the south
- General election 2019: Labour increases majority in Portsmouth South
- General election 2019: Polls open in the South
- Southampton couple jailed for sexually abusing 'vulnerable' boys
- Aneurin Donald: Hampshire batsman may miss all of 2020 season with knee injury
- Isle of Wight rescued tiger, Simi, dies of circus injuries
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Man released over partner's death in Wigan hospital
- Alex Rodda: Man charged with murder over Cheshire boy's death
- Wigan stabbing: Attempted murder arrest after attack
- Alex Rodda: Boy found dead in village named
- Walsall 1-1 Macclesfield Town
- Swindon Town 2-0 Oldham Athletic
- Salford City 0-1 Exeter City
- Peterborough United 1-0 Bolton Wanderers
- Stockport stabbing: Teenage boy injured in 'mindless attack'
- Wigan Athletic 1-1 Huddersfield Town: Relegation rivals play out draw
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Lincoln City 1-0 Tranmere Rovers
- Kindness advent calendar brightens up Lincoln school day
- General election 2019: What questions do you have?
- General election 2019: Tories retake Lincoln
- General election 2019: Yorkshire and Lincolnshire votes
- Alan Wood death: 'New leads' in 2009 'disturbing murder'
- Horsey seal released after 'necklace' injury recovery
- JD Wetherspoon 'to create 10,000 jobs over four years'
- Spalding relief road route redrawing backed to save homes
- How to watch the BBC Question Time under-30s special
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Amersham Rock Choir Free Taster 15 January 2020
- General Election Hustings – Amersham – Sat Dec 7
- Amersham Rotate with Janie’s Homeless Friends – collecting to help homeless on Sat Dec 7 at Amersham Christmas Festival
- Upcoming Amersham Art Group Meetings
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland – Amersham Field Centre – 30 Nov, 7 & 8 Dec
- Charity Christmas Concert Thursday 19 December – Amersham
- The Chiltern Camerata – Amersham Free Church – 23 November
- Santa Dash – St. Francis Hospice – December 15
- Amersham – Model Railway Exhibition – 26 October
- Chiltern Open Air Museum – Traditional Christmas Event – 7-8 December
Amersham Rock Choir
date: Wednesday 15th January 2020
time: Amersham Rock Choir Free taster
venue: Join us on Wednesdays during term time for 90 minutes of feel good
singing. Dr Challoners High School (Girls School)
Disabled ramp at main entrance and facilities available.
Parking: The car park can get busy as there are other groups using the
school so please allow enough time to park on streets nearby.
https://goo.gl/maps/FEBKWg1jQzP2 Register for your free taster online
cost: Free taster session
event email: Christina@Rockchoir.com
event web: Rockchoir.com
event telnos: 01252 714276
who are standing in this Constituency Sponsored by
Amersham Rotate with Janie’s Homeless Friends – collecting to help homeless on Sat Dec 7 at Amersham Christmas Festival
Amersham Rotate in conjunction with Janie’s Homeless Friends are collecting to help our homeless on Saturday December 7th at Amersham Christmas Festival.Key donation items: sleeping bags, large rucksacks, walking boots, winter coats, fleeces, waterproof jackets, pop up tents, thermal mats, gloves, scarves, hats. Drop off points Harris + Hoole and outside At Michael’s Church Sycamore Road. Time 12-4 pm
Amersham Art Group
Amersham Art Group have meetings as follows:
Dec 3rd Christmas Party,
Feb 4th 2020 Workshop (bring own materials).
Santa’s Winter Wonderland
Experience the magic of Christmas at Amersham Field Centre Elf School.
Santa and his elves are visiting Amersham Field Centre to train a new generation of Elf Helpers. Meet some of Santa’s top elves as you train as an Elf, explore our winter woodland and make a Christmas decoration in the Elves’ Workshop. Meet Santa in his grotto and receive your Elf School graduation certificate, elf hat and small gift.
A fun and active way for the whole family to start the Christmas season
Dates: 30/11/19 (10-midday & 1-3pm), 07/12/19 (10-midday & 1-3pm) , 08/12/19 (10 – midday)
Venue: Amersham Field Centre, Mop End, Amersham, HP7 0QR
Cost: £14 per child, £4 per adult Booking essential
Further info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01494 721054
Charity Christmas Concert Thursday 19 December 2019 7.30pm
Friends of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice (UK) (reg charity 1116116) and AMCHOR (reg charity 1057791) present a Family Christmas Concert
Venue: Amersham Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham HP6 5AJ.
Carols and Christmas music for all ages.
Concert starts 7.30pm, followed by refreshments for which a donation is invited.
Tickets £10 adults, £5 children aged twelve and over; under 12s free.
Available on the door or contact box office on 07702 608314
Doors open from 7pm
The players of The Chiltern Camerata make a welcome return to the Amersham Free
Church for the first in its 2019/20 season of concerts.
The concert, under the baton of guest conductor Simon Walton, is themed ‘Dance’ and
includes music by Brahms, Piazzolla, Parry, Rautavaara and Anna Semple.
Reflecting the theme ‘Dance’, the concert includes compositions by Brahms, Parry,
Piazzolla and Rautavaara
Brahms is represented by his ever-popular ‘Liebeslieder’ Waltzes. Originally for
voice and piano, these are performed in an arrangement for strings.
Parry’s contribution is in the form of his gorgeous ‘English Suite’ for strings,
composed in 1914
Early English music of Purcell brings a suite of dances from The Fairy Queen,
arranged by Simon Walton
The atmosphere heats up with dance music by the vibrant Argentinian composer Astor
Piazzolla in special arrangements by Simon Walton.
The entertainment continues with a vivacious suite ‘Fiddlers’ composed in 1952 by the
Finnish composer Einojuhani Rautavaara.
The talented young composer Anna Semple has also written ‘Tango’ for the orchestra,
which will receive its first public performance at this concert
time: 7.30 pm
venue: The Amersham Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham, HP6 6AJ
cost: £12 (accompanied under 18s free)
event email: email@example.com
event web: http://www.chiltern-camerata.org.uk
event tel nos: 01494 481146
Whether it’s your family’s favourite tradition or you’re
a first time festive fundraiser, Santa Dash is the
perfect way to kick start your Christmas! Sign up to take
part in our 2.5 mile fun run through Hemel town centre
and Gadebridge Park.
Whether you choose to skip, stroll, sprint or scoot the
route the difference you make will go far beyond the
date: Sunday 15th December
time: 10:00 – 13:00
venue: Riversdie Shopping Centre
cost: £5 – £40
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01442 869555
Model Railway Exhibition
19 Working Models and Displays
Self drive Lego Train
Light refreshments available
date: 26th October 2019
time: 10:30 to 5pm
St John’s Methodist Church,
60 Woodside Road,
cost: Adults £4; Children £2; Families (2+2) £10
event email: email@example.com
event tel nos: 01494 875904
A special Christmas event
Come and find out about how Christmas was celebrated in the past. At this special Christmas event the Museum s historic buildings will be decorated traditionally for Christmas and brought to life by costumed characters.
Visitors can meet Father Christmas and hand deliver their Christmas lists to him.
The reconstructed Victorian toll house will be decked with holly and ivy gathered from the woods and illuminated by candles and firelight, creating a warm, festive flair. The 1940s Prefab will show how people celebrated a restrained wartime Christmas enlivened by make-do-and-mend decorations.
There will be a small artisan Christmas market and the Museum s shop will be full of handmade products made by local crafts people including jewellery, candles, preserves and gin perfect for a bit of Christmas shopping!
Standard admission prices apply. Free standard admission for annual pass holders.
date: 7 – 8 December 2019
time: 11am – 4pm
venue: Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire, HP8 4AB
cost: £6.50 – £10.50
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01494871117
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows:
5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats.
Dec 3rd Christmas Party, all welcome.
All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm.
£5 for non members.
More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, email@example.com or calling 01494 771760.
The Firewalk Challenge
Walk on fire by joining us in The Firewalk Challenge
2019, the ultimate test of mind over matter! Do you want
to do a fundraising challenge that’s fun, exciting,
daring and different? Amaze you friends and family, and
yourself by walking on fire!
After training, participants one by one are given the
opportunity to walk across the 20 foot fire lane which
will be 1236 degrees Fahrenheit!
date: Saturday 2nd November
time: 14:30 – 17:30
venue: 1Life Abbey View Golf and Track
even temail: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01442 869555
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows: 1st Oct Susan Gray (www.susan-gray.co.uk/), 5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats. All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members. More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, email@example.com or calling 01494 771760.
Full Details for those who want itOctober 1st 2019 Demonstration Susan Gray – see her website for her style www.susan-gray.co.uk/ November 5th 2019 Demonstration Niki Bell – see her website for her style www.nikibell.co.uk
Chiltern Open Air Museum s famous Halloween Spectacular returns on Friday 1st November.
For one night only, they’ll be opening their doors for a spooktacular family Halloween event that sees their historic buildings decorated and inhabited by costumed characters. This year the event will have a new spectacular fire performance with fire pits set out in the Museum s event field and a special timed spooky horse display.
Spooky stories will be told around the fire of the Iron Age roundhouse, you can grab some treats by visiting some of the historic houses before warming yourselves by the fire and toasting marshmallows.
Around the Museum grounds there will be lots of Halloween-themed crafts, activities and games for the whole family to enjoy. The very brave can explore the scary woodland walk but beware of the monsters that might be there in the dark! Younger children will enjoy the not-so-spooky walk and family fun storytelling.
Hot food and drinks will be available to purchase on the night, and children (and adults!) are encouraged to dress up for the event in Halloween costumes with a prize for the best!
This is an unmissable evening of spooky fun for all ages in the very unique and atmospheric setting of the Museum s historic buildings and woods.
Don t forget your torch it will be dark!
The evening starts at 5pm and continues until 9pm, with last admission at 7.30pm. Tickets are limited so pre-booking is advised. Early bird booking prices available.
date: 1st November 2019
time: 5pm – 9pm
venue: Chiltern Open Air Museum
Chalfont St Giles
cost: Adults £9.50, Children £14.00 under 4s free
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event tel nos: 01494871117